Saturday, May 30, 2009

Band of the brothers

I thought I would never get to bond again with my cousin, Jay. For almost ten years, I have been detached, by choice, from my folks. The once stone-hearted me could have actually gone forever, but I am as soft as jello now. Long and forgettable story.

I remember him being a college freshman or so building my first website. Now, he has made it into a career. Excellent job! I even recall, a... er... forget about it. You could not fault young men flooding with testosterone.

Anyway, in a recent trip, we were able to relate as "siblings" again. Although this time around, my influence as a big brother leaned on the good. None of those screwing around like there was no tomorrow. No more wham, bam, thank you ma'am episodes. Instead we talked about the years that have gone by, family, parenting, career, business, values, future, and life in general.

We are presently exploring business opportunities. It is on its way.

No comments: