Monday, December 29, 2008

Never drive alone

Why do I hate driving? The heavy traffic, undisciplined motorists, and roads-unworthy draw my ire. I must admit, I am not the most pleasant human being when I am behind the wheel. I would not even want to get into a road altercation with myself, if only to give you an idea of how obnoxious of a driver I could be.

The case has somewhat mellowed though, not that I have changed as a person nor did I give up driving altogether. Alone as I often am on the road, all of a sudden, I learned how to invite good company, something that I have carelessly forgotten for most of my life. Once again, I found serenity in the company of prayer.

I still do not enjoy taking the wheel, but I look forward to the quiet time alone. The once short commutes that felt like eternity are just about enough for me to say my prayer. If I felt alone before, not anymore. I only wish God enjoys my company as much as I enjoy His.

No comments: