Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Social curfew

Sometimes I wish I had more friends, sometimes even more. Most of the time though, I am fine with just a few. Strange, but we all are in our own peculiar ways.

Earlier, Shiela and I were invited by a good friend to Hard Rock Cafe. Being a predictable bloke, I politely excused my wife and me. "Thank you for the offer, but my little girl (4 year old daughter) will be a hassle," I told my friend. With all those alibis, I am surprised to be receiving genuine invitations still.

How am I going to explain it? Let me start by saying that I prefer peace and quiet. Lazy too, yes. Parties have never been my thing; I am a boring guest. I do not smoke, drink, or do drugs. I fancy to be home rather than out. Would you believe my wife gets her girl's-night-out but not me? I pass. If I do not, it will always be fishy. ALWAYS...

I could be pissing off my friends because of the social curfew. I reckon they are extending latitude more willingly rather than lose one good brother. I may be missing the action but not the true friendship.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I also do this, I still have great friends but a lot of times I like being alone with my thoughts and hopefully they understand.

Prodigal Son 35 said...

hi Floyd,

as they say, "it is better to have a few great friends than a lot of good ones."

cheers!