Sunday, August 16, 2009

Greed over less

I worked a total of 71 hours last month, roughly 3.55 hours a day. Meager, yet I whined about being used up. Last May (my best and most productive month), I logged 51 hours and still complained. Could it be laziness? Not quite. I am an Ox.

My goal is not to work long and hard. I despise it. I prefer short and sweet. The vision is to get as much done through others. The route will allow me to accomplish more in less time. It has to be; otherwise, I will see myself as a failure.

I reckon that I should be more appreciative of the fact that I am able to get by.

2 comments:

Libertine said...

I like your theory. Until the credit crunch politely freed me of my 37.5 hrs a week job, I didn't realise how much I missed. I missed late night cinema shows, my kids' first things, time to think and persue my interests. We are adaptable species, if you're happy in what you do and have all that matters.

Prodigal Son 35 said...

hi Libertine,

good luck. may we all be happy. may the credit crunch end soon.

cheers!