Friday, July 24, 2009

Stage fright

I used to be active in the lecture/seminar circuit. From 2000 to 2006, I took on all opportunities to strut my stuff. Being marketing-oriented, I thought it was good for enhancing my credibility. It surely did.

My introduction to the field of public speaking did not come easy. Firstly, I was not born with the gift of gab. I was definitely not a natural. Secondly, I was one of those who would rank speaking as one of their greatest fears. I could be quite eloquent in front of family but never in public. Keep in mind that I am a social misfit. Fortunately, I was able to mature.

After my last major talk, a national convention, I got bored stiff. I saw nothing but the checkered flag.

For months now, my friend has been persuading me to get back on track. The money is decent and the idea of educating others is exciting; however, my drive is suspect.

No comments: