Sunday, June 21, 2009

Once a pitcher

Apologizing after being on the offensive makes me feel so uneasy. To humble myself and ask for forgiveness is not my style. My approach is to make amends through actions. On the other hand, if I choose not to reconcile, it will automatically be a written off relationship. Either I have too much pride in my pocket or plain genetic predisposition.

Last year was the start of a new beginning. I slowly changed for the better. If I were to sum it up, my evolution took a little over three decades. I am thankful that it did not take forever. Still a lot of fine-tuning to be completed but I am glad to have finally learned how to admit my guilt. The channel is now static-free.

Lately, my communication with Dad 1 has become personal. After 35 years and a chronicle of an unpleasant past, Dad 1 relayed his apology. I did not expect it and found it unnecessary. I would have been content with a silent advance. However, he opted to execute something unfamiliar.

What can I say? Honestly, it felt good. It was noble. It healed my scars. Now, I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end. I thank Dad 1 for being Mr. Bean.

2 comments:

chow and chatter said...

I like your style of writing

Prodigal Son 35 said...

thanks Chow and Chatter. cheers!