Monday, June 15, 2009

"Jock" of all trades

I went off to work today around noon. It is one of those lazy days. Not willing to jump out of bed and start my day as a proper provider, I had to drag myself and address my ambivalence. If only Adam held onto righteousness, we would not be needing to toil.

Four productive hours later, I was on my way home.

The streets were quite busy, as office workers queue up at atm machines for their half-month's worth of honest labor. I recall those days when I was one of them, looking forward to emptying my bank account twice each month.

For years now, I have been working for myself. My responsibilities have changed considerably. Frankly, it could get scary at times, when you consider the men and women who are expecting you to fund their accounts so they could feed their families. Yet, I prefer to take on such risk than to be on the other end of the table.

It is cool to be a jock, but my vision is to own the team.

No comments: