Thursday, October 30, 2008

A day to remember

May 22, 2008 was quite a special day. I got to befriend one of the simplest and nicest individuals on earth.

Ms. E, a mining magnate who lives in a posh village in the city, prefers to own only two pairs of earrings and a steel watch. While her friends would don the latest Hermes bags, she would go for US$10 leathers.

My point is, here is somebody who is minting money yet chooses not to flaunt it. Although when it comes to helping those who are in need, her charity works are nothing less than extravagant.

Ms. E, I have learned a lot from our interactions and have changed a lot because of them. More than anything, thank you for the spiritual uplifting. Hopefully, I remain to be a better person. By the way, I am still reading Max Lucado's devotional bible.

No comments: